Kindergarten Zoo Trip

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kindergarten Zoo Trip

Nicole Bowlan, Editor

On April 29th, all of the Bethel kindergarten classes went on a field trip to the zoo. The children had a blast and it was a day filled with fun, sun, and wonderful memories!

Everyone boarded the bus at 8:15 a.m. and headed to the zoo after taking a group photo wearing the Kindergarten field trip shirts. They were bustling with excitement and were ready to be at the zoo already.

When everyone arrived at the zoo, the kids were lined up by their class and given their tickets and a schedule, then the kindergarteners went and stood with their parents before going and exploring the zoo!

The children really enjoyed having their parents there. They got to go do their own thing with their parents and got to make special memories with them. The parents also enjoyed getting to spend the day having fun with their kids.

While the kids went with their parents and friends around the zoo, the teachers went around snapping pics of the kids as they passed them and seeing all of the animals until it was time for lunch at 10:45. Everyone met back at a pavilion to eat lunch with their class and take photos. The kids also loved playing on the playground afterwords!

After lunch, everyone went around the zoo again and saw many different animals, and a lot of parents were very impressed with the newest exhibit, Sanctuary Asia, that was built previously!

“Sanctuary Asia encompasses the elephant pavilion and habitat built in 2010, now totaling 14.5 acres for the OKC Zoo’s Asian elephants, Indian rhinos, Komodo dragons, red pandas, Francois’ langurs, several tanuki (also known as raccoon dogs), cassowaries and Burmese tortoises,” stated the OKC ZOO. “The design of each animal habitat allows exceptional protection for and care of these species while also providing guests with fantastic viewpoints to the wildlife.”

Field trips are a good way for children of all ages to learn hands-on concepts and to make memories by engaging in various activities that can’t be made possible during school. The kindergarteners, who got to hatch chickens and are currently learning about metamorphosis by watching the process of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly, were able to go to the zoo and learn about other animals that they don’t get to see too often.

“When students leave the classroom, they see the connections between what is happening at school and in the ‘real-world’,” stated Meg, who works for Explorable Places, “They begin to see that what they learn within the walls of the classroom can help them solve the problems they see in the world around them and can have a direct impact on who they become as people.”

The kids spent the rest of the day looking at the animals and having an amazing day. By the end of the day, most of the children went home with their parents after a long day of fun. It was an eventful way to end a fun-filled day for Bethel kindergarteners!

About the Writer
Nicole Bowlan, Editor

Nicole Bowlan is a junior in high school and this is her first time being a member of The Posted Paw. She enjoys reading, creating art, cuddling with...