Mrs. Keehn

Liz Miller, Staff Writer

Mrs. Keehn is the assistant principal here at Bethel High School. Prior to becoming the assistant principal, she was a biology teacher at Bethel for five years. She attended Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee, Oklahoma and went to East Central University to receive her educational leadership degree.

When Mrs. Keehn was a biology teacher, school life was different because she was much closer to her students because she saw them every day. However, she is determined to become closer to help the kids that need it the most. One thing that makes working at Bethel so enjoyable is the amazing students and teachers. In the morning, Mrs. Keehn holds the door for students coming in and greets them every day with a smile and a “good morning.”

During her free time, she likes to decorate cakes, read books about historical fiction, and listen to music. She mainly enjoys listening to Christian music, but sometimes when she is with her husband, they listen to country. Mrs. Keehn and her husband have been married for 10 years. Their dog is a German shepherd and a Rottweiler mix named Liberty. Even though she loves Bethel, it is not the only place she has lived. She previously lived in Brazil with her parents, who are still currently living there.

Mrs. Keehn’s co-workers have a quite positive view on her, especially Mrs. Jones; a friend who has worked with her since teaching at Tecumseh schools. According to Mrs. Jones, “Working with Mrs. Keehn as both science teachers for the middle school at Tecumseh was great. She was an amazing teacher.” She later stated,  “Here at Bethel, she has become an amazing assistant principal. I enjoy getting to talk to her about science education again. I really missed getting to bounce ideas off of each other when she left Tecumseh for her job here at Bethel. I know she is just as caring in her role as an administrator as she was as a classroom teacher. As a principal, I appreciate her expectation of high standards and her love for Bethel. She played an instrumental part in me getting the Biology I teaching position, and I could not be happier to be here and get to work with her again.”

As anyone could see, being a student at Bethel is great. One of the many reasons has to do with the amazing assistant principal we have. Mrs. Keehn is not just a good co-worker, she is very kind and caring to every single student. Even though she is great at her job, there is so much more to her than that. Mrs. Keehn is an outstanding person inside and outside of her job and a fantastic assistant principal for Bethel High School!

About the Writer
Liz Miller, Staff Writer

Elizabeth (Liz) Miller is from Arkansas; she recently moved to Oklahoma last year. She is a sophomore and started newspaper this year. Out of all hobbies...