21 Savage Arrest

Liz Miller, Staff Writer

Breaking news! The rapper loved by many Americans and who has created his fame in America, Sha Yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, better known as ‘21 Savage’, has been announced that he is originally from the UK during his recent arrest by the ICE. The ICE is U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. 21 Savage has been an American famous rapper since he gained attention in the Atlanta underground for his 2015 mixtape, The Slaughter Tape.

ICE, after the arrest of 21 Savage, reported that, “arrested unlawfully present, United Kingdom nationality, Sha Yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, AKA ’21 Savage’, was arrested during a targeted operation with federal and local law enforcement partners early Sunday in metro Atlanta. Mr. Abraham-Joseph was taken into ICE custody, as he is unlawfully present in the U.S. and also a convicted felon.” They also confirmed that he did come into the U.S. legally in July 2005, but his visa expired in July 2006. The ICE is now waiting to see what this case means for 21 Savage, and his charges for the future.

Many people are hurt by the arrest of 21 Savage, but some have taken this event to be a way to express humor with “memes.”  Demi has revealed her feelings about the 21 Savage “memes” by tweeting, “so far 21 Savage memes have been my favorite part of the Super Bowl.” Although Demi isn’t really hurt by the arrest, 21 Savage does have his supporters such as the rapper Offset. Offset tweeted about the jokes being made, saying that it is not funny about the memes and jokes, that his family is depending on him.

Although the tweet support was sweet and supporting of 21 Savage, Jay-Z and his label Roc Nation have hired attorney Alex Spiro to assist in 21 Savage’s legal proceedings. The reasoning for Jay-Z’s support was that “the arrest and detention of 21 Savage is an absolute travesty, his U visa petition has been pending for 4 years,” Jay-Z wrote on his Facebook page. “In addition to being a successful recording artist, 21 deserves to be reunited with his children immediately.”

21 Savage’s job description is now changed on google to say a “British-rapper” due to the discovery of this unfortunate event that has taken place. His arrest has caused a commotion in the social media world, but also has negatively impacted 21 Savage’s personal life, his family, and also his friends. All around the world he is most commonly known as a rapper, but he is also a father of three children. This court case has had many tweets made about it, showing the true feelings of how many artists and people feel about British rapper 21 Savage.

About the Writer
Liz Miller, Staff Writer

Elizabeth (Liz) Miller is from Arkansas; she recently moved to Oklahoma last year. She is a sophomore and started newspaper this year. Out of all hobbies...