Morris the Cat

Back to Article
Back to Article

Morris the Cat

Nicole Bowlan, Editor

For a cat, life can be quite simplistic. They spend their days snoozing away, eating, playing with random objects they find on the floor, and causing trouble. For the most part, this is how Morris, an overweight tabby cat, spends his days. He enjoys playing with shoelaces, terrorizing birds, and being a soft cuddler.

“I have a pretty good life,” stated Morris the cat. “I start my morning each day by waking up in a huge bed and stretching out my furry legs and yawning. It’s the best way to start the day  after a long night’s rest… Sometimes, I wake up and run up and down the halls in the dead of night and it wears me out so I sleep extra long on those nights.”

Morris enjoys the little things in life. The smallest things make him ecstatic, and he can spend endless amounts of time playing with mundane objects. He doesn’t really like actual toys that are designed for cats, but prefers other things such as a wooden snake toy, shoelaces, and hair ties.

“The snake toy is my absolute favorite,” exclaimed Morris. “I love when one of the humans in the house throw it and I can chase it down the hallway. I also like shoelaces. I try and grab them while my owner is putting on her shoes, or when we play with the shoelaces they specifically bought for me to play with.”

Morris is always getting in trouble. When Christmas was around, Morris had an infatuation with the tinsel on the trees, and the tree itself. He would climb up to the middle of the tree and play with the silver garland. He also had a fair share of breaking glass ornaments because he would slap them off of the tree.

“He’s such an annoyance,” Mama Kitty, a fellow cat in the household stated. “He’s so unmannerly, and he is always doing things to get yelled at. He breaks a lot of things and is always trying to be sneaky. He’s also funny, though. Once, he ran into the kitchen so fast that he slammed right into the counter. It was hilarious.”

Morris is not just the shady cat he’s characterized as. He is also very loveable. He gives kisses (a little boop on the nose), to the humans that live in the house whenever he is feeling especially sweet. He also is a good cuddler, and sometimes on cold nights, he even curls up in front of the heater and falls asleep swaddled in warmth.

“In front of the heater, is the warmest place to take a nap,” Morris stated. “When we first got the heater, I didn’t know the front of it would be hot and I burnt the tip of my nose. Now, I stay a couple feet away and I’m extra careful not to touch it.”

Morris has a huge personality, and he’s usually very receptive to attention. He is a good pet to have, and he is always putting smiles on people’s faces. Morris is a very special cat, and his owner wouldn’t trade him for the world.

About the Writer
Nicole Bowlan, Editor

Nicole Bowlan is a junior in high school and this is her first time being a member of The Posted Paw. She enjoys reading, creating art, cuddling with...