Basketball Homecoming 2019!!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Basketball Homecoming 2019!!

Janie Brown, Editor

January 28-February 1, Bethel High School held a Space Jam themed basketball homecoming! Each class had the opportunity to participate in dress-up days, lunch games, and showing their school spirit in the best way possible.

For Monday’s neon dress-up day, the winners were freshmen Kaylee Doyle and junior Garret Washburn. Tuesday’s jersey dress-up day winners were seniors Rian Gamble and Matt Melter. For Wednesday’s space dress-up day, the winners were senior Kaydee Almon and junior Dylan Summers. Thursday’s 90s dress-up day winners were junior Keaton Robinson and senior Reanna McGowen. Finally, for Friday’s spirit dress-up day, the winners were freshman Heather Kinnett and senior Destiny Summers.

During lunch, each class got a team together to play basketball in the old gym. Monday’s game was Seniors vs. Freshmen with Seniors taking it home. Tuesday’s game was between the Sophomores and Juniors with sophomore Gabe Davidson shooting three-pointers and leading the Sophomores to a win. Losers bracket played on Wednesday: Juniors with a win. Thursday’s game, the final lunch game, ended with the Seniors winning it all.

For the annual wall competition, Sophomores came in 4th place with a painting of Sylvester the Cat in space. The Freshmen came in 3rd place with a painting of the “Monstar” basketball team. Seniors came in 2nd place with a painting of the Tasmanian Devil drilling a basketball into the hoop. Last but not least, junior’s came in 1st place with an incredible depiction of Marvin the Martian!

For Bethel’s basketball homecoming attendants, freshman Cati Parsons was escorted by junior Devin Acklin, sophomore Kenzi Mills was escorted by junior Ryan Depuy, and junior Kennedy Gregory was escorted by junior Jaylon Gordon. For the senior attendants, Harley Gregory was escorted by senior Zarek Rooker, Abby-Grayce Hall was escorted by junior Parker Hall, and the queen for the evening, Kirsten Winters, was escorted by senior Anthony Franklin. The returning queen Shelby Morris was escorted by senior Auston Kidney.

Bethel’s homecoming assembly this year was completely student-led and started, unlike anything the students had ever seen before. The lights went dark and a lovely slideshow was shining through a projector of pictures throughout the week. After the slideshow, junior Gunner Smith grabbed the microphone and started announcing the players for the final game of the week; seniors vs. coaches. Coach Kloesel shot the majority of the points, all from the three-point line leading the coaches to a win. Next, Mr. Caudle led the students in a giant game of Simon-Says. The game ended with juniors Rachel Lasyone, Ryan Depuy, and Colton Ingmire standing in the middle of the basketball court, which ultimately lead the juniors to another win. For the annual cheer off, seniors came in 1st, juniors in 2nd, sophomores in 3rd, and freshmen in 4th.

For the overall scores of basketball homecoming 2019, (lowest score wins), freshmen came in 4th place with 35 points, sophomores came in 3rd place with 22 points, seniors came in 2nd place with 19 points, and finally, juniors won the infamous spirit stick with 14 points!!

About the Writer
Janie Brown, Editor

Janie Brown is a junior at BHS and plays the quints in the drumline. This is her first year on The Posted Paw staff. When she is not doing homework, she...