Mrs. Affy’s Silly String Surprise

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mrs. Affy’s Silly String Surprise

Mrs. Marlow's class covers Mrs. Affy, BLE principal, with Silly String after they brought the most food drive items

Bethel Lower Elementary Facebook Page

Nicole Bowlan, Staff Writer

In life, there are many people that make life more enjoyable for others. Jenny Affentranger, the Lower Elementary principal known as Mrs. Affy, surprised Stormi Marlow’s class of kindergarteners with a silly string attack after they previously bombarded her with the silly string. The Lower Elementary class that collected the most items for the food drive got to choose a challenge for Mrs. Affy to do at the Wednesday with Wilbur assembly in January.

“We believe that the Non-perishable Food Drive, Christmas Toy Drive, and “Share the Warmth Tree” are amazing campaigns to help families in our school community,” Mrs. Affy said. “Performing principal challenges is my way of encouraging classes and their families to participate in these campaigns by showing love and generosity to their classmates.”

Stormi Marlow’s kindergarten class raised 1637 items for the food drive, and because the school goal was met, her class was able to pick something to do to Mrs. Affy, which is where the silly string idea originated. Afterward, Mrs. Affy got them back and surprised them with a silly string sneak attack!

“They loved it! They each had their own can of silly string which made it even more fun,” Stormi Marlow stated. “We were totally shocked and surprised when Mrs. Affy got us back. I think the kids liked that more than them getting her. They were screaming and my room was a huge mess. Of course, Mrs. Affy helped pick up the mess and vacuum afterward.”

This competition is only one of many ways in which Mrs. Affy brightens the lives of others. She works diligently every day to build a positive experience with all the students and teachers in the building.

“Mrs. Affy is an amazing leader, principal, and person. The students, parents, and staff love her. She goes above and beyond to help the students feel successful and loved on our campus,” Amanda Anderson, another kindergarten teacher, stated. “There is not a student who enters our building that she does not know by name.”

Mrs. Affy is always willing to help out, no matter the circumstance. She is the glue that holds the Lower Elementary together, and she never goes a day without making someone’s life easier or brightening their day.

“Mrs.Affy interacts with the students every day and participates in all of our dress-up days,” Mrs. Marlow stated. “She also has lunch duty on Fridays for kindergarten teachers, so we get a break. She even drove a bus when needed earlier in the school year.”

Every day, Mrs. Affy continues to be a motivation for the students and teachers in the Lower Elementary. She strives to make every child feel appreciated and loved, despite her busy schedule. She always makes time for the children and goes out of her way to create a positive environment for everyone in the Lower Elementary.

About the Writer
Nicole Bowlan, Editor

Nicole Bowlan is a junior in high school and this is her first time being a member of The Posted Paw. She enjoys reading, creating art, cuddling with...