Students Receive Academic Letter Jackets

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bethel High School's Letter Jacket Recipients and their families

Cameron Wood, Co-Editor

There are few moments in high school that make all the late nights of doing homework and studying seem more than worth it. Receiving an academic letterman jacket is one of those moments; looking out into the crowd and seeing all the teachers, parents, and peers who helped you get that jacket is a great feeling.

Getting a jacket takes a lot of work. To receive a jacket you must be in the top 15% of your class at the end of your junior year, using weighted credits. You have to have attended Bethel High School for a minimum of 2 full semesters and have a minimum of 4 units of weighted credit. You cannot get a jacket if you have been in ISD or out of school detention.

Here at Bethel, you can find so many different students who are motivated to receive these kinds of awards and work every day towards their goal. Every day they get up, go to class, pull out their notebooks, get out their variety of colored pens, and begin taking their notes that they go home and study every night. All of this hard work pays off, not only does it help you get awards, but it can also help you get into better colleges, give you a good work ethic, and can overall get you farther in life. The receivers of this award are the ones who stick out among their peers and go above and beyond in everything they do. Although this letter jacket takes a lot of work, many students will tell you it is worth it. One of the receivers, Rebekah Clemmons, states, “I’ve worked so hard these past four years so that my efforts would pay off towards college and my future. Getting an academic letterman jacket is amazing because I am finally seeing some of the results I’ve been waiting for.” Congratulations to all the students who received one this year; Bethel is more than proud of you!

To all the future students, remember, hard work will always pay off in the end so never give up and keep on keeping on.

Students who received a jacket:

• Joseph Bond
  • Skylar Cheatham
  • Rebekah Clemmons
  • Keagan Engle
  • Lillie Fuller
  • Abby-Grayce Hall
  • Kyla Hanigar
  • Jaden Jesseph
  • Destiny Lackie
  • Eric Messick
  • Gracie O’rorke
  • Madeline Rayner
  • Brooke Shaw
  • Mike St. Claire
  • Juliana Cannon