Disney’s Bad Boys (and Girls)

Back to Article
Back to Article

Disney’s Bad Boys (and Girls)

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License

Rose DeFrance, Staff Writer

Since Disney Channel’s first show premiered as “Good morning, Mickey!”  in 1983, the mix up from ‘83 to ‘18 has had drastic changes within its cast members from the different styles and mixtures the channel has hosted. Not only have the members of the cast jeopardized their personal lives, but they have also tarnished the Disney reputation.

In 2003 to 2007, a series broadcasted called “That’s So Raven,” was popular for more than just what was going on within the scenes. One member, in particular, was Orlando Brown. Known for being apart of Disney Channel, his acts caused a ruckus for their reputation. He is known for his misdemeanor of domestic battery and had been accounted with four bench warrants after not showing up to several court orders. In 2007, he was arrested for drug possession. When the show re-appeared on Disney, all cast members were welcomed back, but Orlando did not receive a returning invite.

Lindsay Lohan starred in Disney’s 1998 production “Parent Trap” and “Freaky Friday” in 2003 to 2013 starring in the film “The Canyons.”  She had extreme mishap but continued to strive as an actress between and throughout it all. Lohan has had a total of seven misdemeanors. In 2007, twice she had been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol.  One of those times, she was arrested after crashing her vehicle head-on into woods and also had the substance of cocaine… shortly after, she was hospitalized. There were instances of her being caught twice out of the four times doing cocaine and was also involved with marijuana and ecstasy. In July 2010, sentences of up to 90 days in jail were in place after missing seven alcoholic education classes and violating probation. Rehab was ordered by a judge after a failed drug test; another was voluntary, though.

Another play showcased by Disney was “High School Musical.” The actor as the cello playing man, also known as Dutch Elijah Whitlock, was arrested in 2008 for pursuing to rob a pizza place at gunpoint. His acting career has halted since then, especially with Disney Channel.

Phil Lewis 1995 to 2012; actor, comedian and a true highlight for all shows he contributed to, was commonly known for his appearance on “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” from 2008 to 2011. What Disney didn’t know was the incident that had happened in 1991 was not a factor until it was recognized by all watching and the feedback was soon then affecting not only the actor but Disney’s reputation. The incident: Phil was charged with manslaughter while drunk driving in late December. It turned lots of viewers heads knowing that he was still a part of the channel’s shows.

Shia LaBeouf’s role in “Even Steven”  had the characteristics of being mischievous but that had no contribution to a series of interactions within his time on screen. He has been involved with alcohol, anger issues progressing into problems, and disorderly conduct. When confronted and asked about it, he had nothing to state besides “I’m not famous anymore.”  He also had arrests for trespassing on property, assault, and drunk driving. He is known for his arrests on multiple occasions.

With all things considered, it is conclusive that not everyone is an ideal image for the production screen of acting. Drama, life, and issues out of our control do cause reputable people to be set off course. Disney, however, didn’t continue with consequences after many of these actors repeatedly did something wrong. These occurrences give contradicting emotions towards the Disney Channel’s reputation.

About the Writer
Rose DeFrance, Staff Writer

As a sophomore, Rose Irene DeFrance enters Newspaper for the fun of community interaction within writing experiences. Even with many hobbies, writing is...